Thursday, October 27, 2011

Drawings Rescued From The Shredder....

Rescued From The Shredder: Blissful Guy

Rescued' Dog
I have a whole lot of sketches just lying around and every so often I go through them and start discarding; Frankly, If I didn't, my house would look like a trash heap and my wife would throw me out...or so I'm told. In this joyless process, I pull up the old trash can and begin to thumb through stacks of drawings, most of which are ok sketches but they're not spectacular enough to make me want to keep them. I'd say a good 99% find their way to the Shredder but every once in a while, I'll find a drawing that somehow stands out of the bunch. I posted a few examples above that were done in Ebony pencil. I don't think this was intentional, but the guy looks a little like Disney Animator Frank Thomas while the dog has a Hanna Barbera influence to him.

3 comments:

Goldenrod Fox said...

What a horrible thought to think that you would shred drawings with as much charm as these! I do hope you'll take the time to scan more of them before you send them to that trash heap in the sky.

JK Riki said...

I agree with Goldenrod! Might as well scan them; then they take up zero physical space and don't fall to the mighty shredder!

I do feel your pain, though. I have "reference" scattered everywhere at my house. Just things I find appealing and want to study for artistic sake. For some reason my wife doesn't take so kindly to me saving Kleenex boxes that have "a very profound design" for 10 years. Go figure. (Wives are weird.)

Ramya Writes said...

Sometimes it is fun to draw cartoon characters. Easy and effortlessly accomplishing isn't it? I love them too. Yours is too good :-)